This two-day course is for professionals and researchers from all academic disciplines.
The course assumes a foundation of statistical knowledge and experience of using statistical software.
Participants will be introduced to Panel Data analysis and will be taught the statistical theory behind these methods, and they will apply these methods to specially chosen datasets using examples from economic, social, and medical research.
- Day 1
- Session 1: Review of Fundamentals
- Session 2: Causality
- Session 3: Introducing Panel Models
- Session 4: Introducing Panel Models
- Day 2
- Session 5: Mixed Models & Panel Data Instrumental Variable Models
- Session 6: Introduction to Dynamic Panel Data Models
- Session 7: Dynamic panel data models
- Session 8: Binary and count-data models
- Principal texts for pre- and post-course reading:
- Daily Timetable
Session 1: Review of Fundamentals
- Summary of basic regression analysis
- Brief summary of Stata’s main commands
- Time series operators in Stata
Session 2: Causality
- Pooled cross sections
- Instrumental Variables
Session 3: Introducing Panel Models
- Panel data formatting
- Within and between variation
- Pooled Regression
- Cluster robust standard errors
Session 4: Introducing Panel Models
- First differences
- Fixed effects model
- Between estimator
- Random effects model
Session 5: Mixed Models & Panel Data Instrumental Variable Models
- Mixed models
- Panel Data & Instrument Variables
Session 6: Introduction to Dynamic Panel Data Models
- Dynamic panel data models
- Challenges of dynamic panel data models
Session 7: Dynamic panel data models
- Anderson-Hsiao estimator
- Arellano-Bond estimator
h3 id="Daily">Daily Timetable (subject to minor changes)
|Time||Session / Description|
||Arrival and Registration
This course is for professionals and researchers from all academic disciplines who have some training in statistics and experience of using statistical software.
Terms & Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations. Contact us for more information.
- Cost includes all course materials, lunch and refreshments.
- Temporary, time limited licences for the software(s) used in the course will be provided. You are required to install the software provided prior to the start of the course. Alternatively, laptops can be hired for a fee of £12.00 (including VAT) per day.
- If you need assistance in locating hotel accommodation in the region, please notify us at the time of registration.
- Full payment of course fees is required prior to the course start date to guarantee your place.
- Registration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
Cancellations or changes to your registration
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
The number of seats available is restricted. Please register early to guarantee your place.